Hunger Response International
Why we collect personal information.
Where practical, we endeavour to collect personal information directly from the person to whom the information pertains. When necessary, we collect personal information from other sources such as the telephone or postal code book. By participating in the Rice Raiser Campaign, or Hunger Response International activities, an individual consents to the collection, use or disclosure of his or hers personal information, We want to assure you that we respect your privacy, and therefore we will only collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To meet your needs: We strive to understand your needs, concerns and desires.
- Communication: To inform you about opportunities, products and/or services;
- Development: To manage and develop our business and operations, including personnel and employment matters;
- Financial development: for the purpose to solicit and administer fundraising initiatives;
- Legal responsibility: to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To advance the goals of the Hunger Response International Mission Statement.
When do we disclose personal information?
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about you.
Here are some examples:
- We may disclose personal information to a person who, in our reasonable judgment, is seeking the information as an agent of one of our constituents. For example, we may provide information about a person’s donations to their legal representative if we are satisfied that the individual is requesting the information on behalf of the constituent.
- Your information may be shared with third parties involved in supplying our constituents with our products or services. Any such disclosure of your personal information is made on a confidential basis. We will protect your information by the use of a contract or other comparable means to ensure that the information is used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed.
- We may disclose your personal information to a public authority or agent of a public authority, if in our reasonable judgment, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by the disclosure of the information.
- We may disclose your personal information to a third party or parties, where you have consented to such disclosure or the disclosure is required or permitted by law.
- We may disclose a your personal information to a third party or parties in Hunger Response International’s Network, where you have given your consent to such disclosure or the disclosure is required or permitted by law. Any such disclosure of your personal information within the Hunger Response International Network is made on a confidential basis. We will protect your information by the use of a contract or other comparable means to ensure that the information is used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed.
Protecting your personal information
In order to protect your personal information, Hunger Response International:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your further consent;
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other organizations;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honor any request you may make for access to your personal information.
Please contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding Hunger Response International privacy practices.
You may refuse to provide your consent for Hunger Response International to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. This may limit Hunger Response International’s ability to serve you, but we honor your decision.